Newport Optical & Glass Material
- Float Glass - Newport maintains a large selection of float glass in standard thickness from .020 to 1.00 inch.
The sheets are graded to meet specific applications from commercial to optical quality. Other thicknesses are available
through custom fabrication.
- Float Glass - Low-iron float glass has less iron in its composition than standard float glass.
The results are glass sheets that do not have the greenish hue associated with plate glass.
The material's color approaches the water-white clarity of crown glass. The sheets come in standard sizes
ranging from 1/8 to 1 inch. Other thicknesses are available through custom fabrication methods.
- Microsheet - The word "mircosheet" is a generic term encompassing very thin sheet glasses of different compositions that
are used primarily in electronic applications. The sheets range in thickness from approximately .005 to .045 of an inch.
- Crown Glass - Crown glass sheets have a composition which is similar to ophthalmic crowns and is also known as glass.
The sheets are available in thickness ranging from 1/16 to 3/4 of an inch, included in this group is Schott's B-270 and Pilkington's Optic-white.
Other and configurations are available through custom fabrication techniques.
- Ophthalmic Glass - Newport offers the standard ophthalmic crown glasses and the lightweight, high-index ophthalmic glasses. The material can be
provided in the standard blank configurations and other custom fabricated shapes.
- Colored Filter Glass - Newport has over 250 types of colored filter glasses which can be used in laser
protective eyewear, commercial, industrial, military or optical applications. The material is offered in sheets, strip and molded blanks.
- Optical Glasses - Newport offers over 300 optical glass types having unique optical characteristics for use in optical systems
and in fabricating optical components. A general catalog is available upon request.
- High-Temperature Material - A variety of materials are offered to meet specific temperature requirements from ambient
to over 1000 degrees centigrade.Materials compositions range from borosilicate glasses (e.g., Corning's Pyrex , Schott's Borofloat),
ceramic glasses (e.g., Corning's Pyroceram), fused silica, fused quartz and crystal substrates.
In addition, Newport can supply materials with heat reflective coatings (e.g., ITO, etc. ).
- Fused Silica & Fused Quartz - Newport offers fused silica and fused quartz in grades from electronic to optical schlieren grade
and having special UV and IR characteristics when required.
- Heat Absorption Glass - Newport maintain an inventory of heat absorption glasses for use in projectors and lighting system.
- UV transmitting Glass - Newport has an inventory of material used in UV lighting applications.
- Tubing and Rod - A selection of borosilicate and quartz tubing and rod is available in cases and small lots. Additional processing is available in cut, shaped and polished forms.
- Gage and Sight Glasses - Newport offers gage and sight glasses for standard and high pressure applications.
- Art Glass - Newport offers an assortment of glass types for used in art applications. The material can be provided in molded , shaped and polished configurations.
- Electronic Glass - Newport can supply custom-made electronic face plates screens materials.
- Finished Glass Parts - Newport can supply viewports, sightglass, optical windows, condenser lens, mirrors, conical mirrors, lens, prisms,
flats, and other optical components.
Please refer to How to order for information required.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT US:
Newport Industrial Glass, Inc.
P.O. BOX 127
STANTON, CA. 90680
Tel: (714)484-7500, (714)484-8100
Fax: (714)484-7600 or (714)484-8181
Copyright Newport Industrial Glass, Inc 2012 All Rights Reserved